Sunday, June 19, 2011

'Unless you become like children'

X
Exhausted from giving a weekend retreat at our guesthouse (good experience, but I'm an introvert), I have spent some down time alone today trolling online for interesting exposes of one type or another. Earlier, I posted a link to one about a father's ultimate sacrifice. This one, in its own way, may be even better:

"For Franciscan Twins, Simple Lives Had Depth," a piece in the New York Times by Dan Barry.

It is the remarkable story of two simple biological twin brothers who became unassuming Franciscan brothers, serving side-by-side in the same religious community, and who recently died at age 92-- on the same day!

It's an amazing story, and I am edified by what I have read of their lives. These two had it figured out, it seems. Holy simplicity and humility and joy. A good lesson for us all.

No comments: